What makes a successful tram accident or train accident claim?
In most cases, you have a legal right to compensation for the loss of income, disability, financial distress and future loss of earning capacity suffered by you and your family.
If you have been injured in relation to public transportation, there are important steps to take to uphold your rights to compensation to the law:
- Report the accident to the proper authorities (train operator) as soon as possible. Contact emergency services if necessary;
- Collect relevant details that relate to the accident. Whether that is the exact location, the train you were on, platform, weather, eye witness details, time. Also if there are other parties involved in the incident, exchange contact details;
- Seek medical assessment or treatment after the accident;
- It is advisable to seek legal advice regarding your rights and entitlements to compensation. There are strict time limits if you intend to claim compensation.
Our Tram & Train Accident Lawyers at Carter Capner Law handles train and tram injury claims relating to train accidents throughout Brisbane, Queensland and Australia, including:
- City trains
- long-distance and interstate journeys
- level crossing accidents
- group travel
- holiday/vacation trips
Railway claims can be made for the injured person, family members, bystanders (for nervous shock) and surviving family members in the case of a death. For injuries, verification by medical specialists is needed.