I was injured in a recreation facility or in an event area. Can I make a claim for compensation?
In order to claim injuries sustained in a recreation facility or area, you will need to prove that the operator was negligent outside their duty of care. You will also need to prove that your injury meets the relevant threshold for compensation.
If you are injured in a recreation facility or in a controlled area:
- Report the accident as well as your injury to a staff member immediately. Make sure that you make a list of all the relevant details in a notepad immediately so you don’t forget any crucial details later on.
- Take pictures, if possible, of your injuries, the cause of your injuries, and or the scene of the accident.
- Record the details of any of the witnesses to the accident.
- Seek appropriate medical attention for your injuries. If the injury is serious it is crucial that you see a medical professional as soon as possible in order to assess and report the injuries for evidence.
- Keep all receipts of any medical or out-of-expenses that relate to the accident.
If you are not sure where to start, please contact our experienced recreation lawyers who will give you advice.