How much insurance or compensation will I receive for public liability injury?
It all depends on the success of your Park & Public Place Injuries claim, which will depend on the quality of your evidence and the case you make when you make a claim.
Someone whose injury has had a significant effect on their quality of life (work, psychological, physical) is entitled to greater compensation than someone whose injury has had a minor impact on their lives.
As is the case in other situations, the right to claim damages for Park & Public Place Injuries depends on the circumstances and the basic five elements must be proved:-
- extent of duty owed;
- breach of duty;
- pre-existing health prior to the accident;
- pre-accident lifestyle;
- injury complained of has been caused by that breach.
The amount of compensation also is determined by:
- General damages (loss of enjoyment in life due to suffering);
- Out of pocket expenses (medical bills, rehabilitation costs);
- Any loss of income and superannuation contributions;
- Potential medical or personal care costs that is likely to occur due to the injury; and
- The interest from the loss of earnings.