How much compensation will I receive for my overseas travel injury claim?
This depends on the extent of fault on the part of the service provider, will the quality of the investigation conducted by your Overseas Travel Injury Lawyers, the quality of your evidence and the case relating to future income loss that you present.
Someone whose injury has had a significant effect on their quality of life (work, psychological, physical) is entitled to more substantial compensation than someone whose injury has had a minor impact on their lives.
The amount of compensation also is determined by:
- General damages (loss of enjoyment in life due to suffering);
- Out of pocket expenses (medical bills, rehabilitation costs);
- Any loss of income and superannuation contributions;
- Paid and unpaid recuperative assistance;
- Ruined holiday loss;
- Holiday disappointment;
- Potential medical or personal care costs that is likely to occur due to the injury; and
- The interest from the loss of earnings.