How much compensation will I receive for my travel injury claim?
This depends on the extent of fault on the part of the service provider, the quality of your Visitors to Australia Injury Lawyers investigation of the accident, the loss of income evidence assembled by your lawyer and the relationship between the injuries and your current symptoms.
If someone whose injury has had a significant effect on their quality of life (work, psychological, physical) is entitled to more substantial compensation than someone whose injury has had a minor impact on their lives.
As is the case in other situations, the right to claim damages for injury depends on the circumstances and the elements proved including fault and causation.
The amount of compensation also is determined by:
- General damages (loss of enjoyment in life due to suffering);
- Out of pocket expenses (medical bills, rehabilitation costs);
- Any loss of income and superannuation contributions;
- Paid and unpaid recuperative assistance;
- Ruined holiday loss;
- Holiday disappointment;
- Potential medical or personal care costs that is likely to occur due to the injury; and
- The interest from the loss of earnings.