I was injured in a gym or workout activity. Can I claim for compensation?
To claim for injuries sustained in a gym or workout area, you will need to prove that the operator was negligent and that your injury meets the relevant threshold to warrant compensation.
If you are injured at a gym or workout area:
- Report the accident as well as your injury to a staff member immediately. Make sure that you make a list of all the relevant details in a notepad immediately so you don’t forget any crucial details later on.
- Take pictures, if possible, of your injuries, the cause of your injuries, and or the scene of the accident.
- Record the details of any of the witnesses to the accident.
- Seek appropriate medical attention for your injuries. If the injury is serious it is crucial that you see a medical professional as soon as possible in order to assess and report the injuries for evidence.
- Keep all receipts of any medical or out-of-expenses that relate to the accident.
If you are unsure where to start, contact our expert recreational lawyers who will give you advice.