What is a Cadetship and who is eligible?
Gain valuable paid law practice experience while studying part time.
The program is ideally suited to tertiary students eligible to enrol on a part time basis (2 subjects per semester) in their first or second year of study and desire stable employment that gives them on-the-job learning until they finish their degree.
Applicants must be citizens or eligible permanent residents of Australia.
How are our cadetships structured?
The cadetship program is structured as a combination of part-time work and part-time study. Cadets will work 4 days (30 hours) per week on a permanent part-time basis.
What support do we provide?
Carter Capner Law provides the following benefits and support to cadets:
- Comprehensive induction and in-house training program on commencement;
- On the job learning in litigious and transactional processes;
- Assigned to a “buddy” for peer assistance;
- Opportunity to progress your career as you gain knowledge and expertise in the work that you perform;
- Support from senior lawyers and managers;
- Paid study leave (one day study leave per subject per semester including day of exam), with a maximum of four days study leave per calendar year;
- Flexibility to adjust workdays to facilitate attendance at university classes;
- Opportunity for a permanent placement with the firm on graduation.
How are Cadets paid?
You will be employed as a permanent member of our team, paid a salary (reviewed annually) and will accrue all normal entitlements under the National Employment Standards.