April 1, 2025

Carter Capner Law monitors accidents involving cars, motorcycles, trucks, busses, cyclists and trams throughout Australia to spotlight safety issues of concern to our clients and to demonstrate those situations in which they may have a right to an insurance or compensation recovery. We act for drivers, riders, passengers, pedestrians. Call today on 1300 529 529 or click here to reach Carter Capner Law. Click on Client Showcase to view our history of road accident compensation claims.

Incident Overview
A tragic car crash in Rowville , Melbourne’s south-east, has claimed the lives of two teenagers, aged 15 and 16, after their allegedly stolen vehicle collided with a tree on Sunday, March 30, 2025 , at approximately 4:00 am .

The incident occurred on the Bruce Highway , near Six Mile Road , after the car they were traveling in veered off the road and struck a tree. Police confirmed that the vehicle was one of two cars allegedly stolen earlier in the night from an address in Knoxfield .

The crash has left the community in mourning, with family, friends, and teammates paying heartfelt tributes to the young victims.

Details of the Rowville Crash

  • Crash Date: Sunday, March 30, 2025 (approximately 4:00 am).
  • Location: Bruce Highway, near Six Mile Road, Rowville.
  • Vehicles Involved: A single vehicle, allegedly stolen from Knoxfield.
  • Victims: Two teenage boys, aged 15 and 16, who died at the scene.

Emergency services were called to the scene after reports of a collision. Despite efforts to revive the occupants, both teenagers were pronounced dead. Police secured the area and began documenting evidence as part of their investigation.

Family Tributes to the 16-Year-Old Victim
The mother of the 16-year-old boy described her devastation following the loss of her “baby boy.” Speaking to Channel Seven , she paid tribute to her son, remembering him as a happy teenager who “loved footy” and had dreams of becoming an AFL player .

“He made a stupid decision, and it’s turned into an accident. Just tragedy,” she said. “Two boys were killed. Him and his mate. I just have no words at the moment. I’m devastated.”

The mother revealed that the family had purchased the teenager brand-new football boots on Friday morning, just days before the crash. “He was so happy,” she said. “He’s my baby boy, and he will always be my baby boy.”

Friends and family visited the crash site on Monday, leaving bouquets of flowers, written tributes, and messages such as “I love you” and “Never forgotten.”

Football Club Pays Tribute
The football club where the 16-year-old played released a statement expressing their shock and sadness over the loss of the young player.

“On behalf of everyone involved at the club, we were shocked and saddened upon hearing the news regarding one of our junior players,” the club said.

“As a club, we wish to extend our deep condolences to the family and friends of the teenager at this difficult time. Rest in peace.”

Community Impact
The crash has deeply affected the Rowville community, with residents describing it as a heartbreaking tragedy. Friends and family gathered at the crash site to pay their respects, leaving flowers and heartfelt messages for the two teenagers.

A local resident expressed their shock over the incident, calling it “shocking” and “worrying.”

“It’s very sad. It’s really, really worrying and scary,” they said. “I just feel sorry for the kids and their families and their friends. It’s very sad.”

This marks the third serious incident in Rowville in less than a week, following a stabbing on a bus and an armed abduction. Superintendent Matthew Baynes emphasized the importance of addressing aggravated burglaries and holding offenders accountable to prevent such tragedies.

Police Investigation
The Forensic Crash Unit is conducting a detailed investigation into the crash, focusing on:

  • The circumstances surrounding the theft of the vehicles in **Knoxfield**.
  • The actions of the driver leading up to the collision, including speed and adherence to road rules.
  • Road conditions, signage, and visibility at the time of the crash.
  • Potential factors such as distraction, fatigue, or impairment.

Police are actively searching for a second stolen vehicle, a silver Honda Accord , which remains missing. Authorities are appealing for anyone with information or dashcam footage to contact Crime Stoppers (1800 333 000).

Superintendent Matthew Baynes urged anyone involved in the aggravated burglary or related incidents to come forward and cooperate with authorities, stating:

“That would be the best outcome for everyone.”

How You Can Help
If you were in the area of the crash or have any information about the stolen vehicles or the events leading up to the crash, your assistance could be crucial to the investigation. Dashcam footage, CCTV recordings, or eyewitness accounts may help piece together the events leading up to the collision.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact: