Carter Capner Law monitors accidents involving cars, motorcycles, trucks, busses, cyclists and trams throughout Australia to spotlight safety issues of concern to our clients and to demonstrate those situations in which they may have a right to an insurance or compensation recovery. We act for drivers, riders, passengers, pedestrians. Call today on 1300 529 529 or click here to reach Carter Capner Law. Click on Client Showcase to view our history of road accident compensation claims.
Incident Overview
A 14-year-old girl from Brunswick Heads died in a three-vehicle crash on the Bruce Highway at Apple Tree Creek early on Friday, 10 October 2025. Queensland Police said a northbound Volvo prime mover collided with a southbound Mazda CX-5 and Toyota Hilux shortly before 2am.
The teenager was travelling as a passenger in the Mazda and was declared deceased at the scene. The Mazda driver sustained minor injuries, while the Toyota driver and prime mover driver were not physically injured.
Location and Time
- Crash date: Friday, 10 October 2025
- Approximate time: Just before 2:00am
- Location: Bruce Highway, Apple Tree Creek, Bundaberg Region, Queensland
Vehicles and Occupants
- Volvo prime mover: travelling north and driven by a Park Ridge man, who police later identified as 32 years old in an April 2026 update.
- White Mazda CX-5: travelling south and driven by a 22-year-old Sarina woman, with a 14-year-old Brunswick Heads girl as a passenger.
- White Toyota Hilux: travelling south and driven by a 22-year-old Sarina man.
Injuries and Fatality
- Fatality: The 14-year-old Mazda passenger was declared deceased at the scene.
- Minor injury: The 22-year-old Mazda driver was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
- The Toyota driver and prime mover driver were not physically injured, according to police.
Emergency Response and Road Impact
Emergency services attended the Bruce Highway and the Forensic Crash Unit examined the scene. ABC News reported that the highway was closed in both directions at Apple Tree Creek and was expected to remain closed into the evening while investigators worked.
Police Investigation and Charge
Queensland Police initially opened a Forensic Crash Unit investigation. In an update issued on 28 April 2026, police said the prime mover driver had been charged with dangerous operation of a vehicle causing death.
Police said the man had been released from custody on strict bail conditions and was due to face Southport Magistrates Court on 14 May 2026. The cited police update did not report a plea or court outcome. The charge is an allegation and is not a finding of guilt.
Appeal for Information
Investigators asked anyone with further information or relevant footage to contact Policelink on 131 444 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. Quote reference QP2501825430.
Sources