About the role
The role includes overseeing the general management of the firm. You will work directly with the Legal Practice Director and Finance Manager to:-
- drive financial and professional performance;
- maintain general operations, processes, and procedures; and
- oversee a process of continuous improvement of the above.
We are a group of accountable professionals that thrive on continuous learning and hard work in an environment supportive of critical thinking so as to achieve deep engagement with and excellent outcomes for customers.
You will enjoy well-developed management and operational processes, systems & platforms that create transparency & efficiency and maximise collaboration within our enthusiastic team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead admin & support team to ensure efficient work throughput and process compliance.
- Working closely with external IT to manage the firm’s IT requirements including the selection, implementation and roll out of systems & hardware and resolving daily IT issues internally.
- To ‘champion’ the effective and efficient use of our legal practice management and document management systems in company with the Digital Platforms Manager.
- The creation, use and maintenance of policies, procedures, and guides.
- Management of professional team and support team KPI achievement – timesheeting budgets, monthly billings, recovery rates etc.
- Recruitment, training, annual reviews, mentoring and managing of all personnel.
- Managing client complaints.
- Organising firm events throughout the year.
- Managing all traditional marketing (billboards, mail outs, promotional material, sponsorship signage etc) and assisting with digital marketing decisions in company with the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Facilitate strategic and operational changes as decided by the director.
- Procurement and management of external service providers.
- Together with the Finance Manager, approve weekly payroll, PEXA settlements, general EFTs and ensure trust accounting is compliant.
- Reviewing and approving disbursement & creditor payments and making sure all payments fall within budget.
- Experience with personal injury litigation management required.
- Strong organisational, project and management skills.
- Have a high level of tech literacy and experience with Practice Evolve preferred.
- Intermediate experience with excel.
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking.
- ‘Can- do’ attitude, ready to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Be a team player to work cohesively with all levels of staff.
- Solid knowledge across HR issues impacting the legal profession.
- Have a desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
What we offer:
- A flat structure where you report directly to the sole Legal Practice Director.
- An opportunity to utilise your skills and make a difference.
- A remuneration package with incentives commensurate with experience.
- Professional development.
- Variety of work.
- Social activities, massages and group personal training.
- A collaborative and positive team.